Low Carb Hamburger Vegetable Soup Recipe
As mentioned previously, you can follow the recipe as its written. However, should you switch up the vegetables based on location or seasonality, be sure to use approximately 3-4 cups of different veggies.
If you dont care for celery , use celery seed to add that same flavor without the vegetable itself. If instead, you would prefer to use celery, just add about 2 ribs, chopped along with the carrots, but then be mindful of the solid to liquid ratio. Either add more broth or less of the other vegetables.
I also love adding a few handfuls of leafy greens towards the end. This could be kale, spinach, collards or sorrel. Not only does it add more variety to the soup, but it also boosts nutritional content.
Green beans and asparagus can be used interchangeably in this soup, depending again on whats available at the market. Just be sure to trim them to approximately 1-½ pieces so they are not too large.
Finally, I always recommend adding softer vegetables such as bell peppers and green beans towards the end of cooking time so they do not turn to mush.
What Kind Of Cheese Should I Use In Cheeseburger Soup
There are two kinds of cheese in this keto soup recipe: cream cheese and sharp cheddar cheese. The cream cheese gives the soup a lovely, thick, and velvety texture while the sharp cheddar gives it a bit of a cheesy edge.
You could use either white or yellow sharp cheddar, or for a milder cheese flavor, try marble cheese, Monterey jack, or muenster. To spice it up, add some pepper jack, and feel free to mix and match with the cheese to personalize this soup just how you like it. Whatever you pick, save some extra cheese to garnish the soup.
How To Make Hamburger Soup
1-2 and done is all it takes to make this healthy soup! Serve hot with a dollop of sour cream, salsa, or the cheese of your choice and it still stays keto!
You May Like: Keto Graham Crackers To Buy
Keto Fat Bomb Hamburger Soup
I created this keto recipe a couple of months ago, before I underwent surgery . Im convinced that the high concentration of fats paired with the collagen from the homemade beef stock was the catalyst for my phenomenally fast recovery.
I used red palm oil in this keto soup recipe. Its another healthy saturated fat, my favorite saturated fat for roasted keto vegetables.
As I mentioned above, be sure to use grass-fed and finished ground beef in this keto recipe. The fats are highly nutritious. If you cant get your paws on grass-fed beef, replace the regular ground beef in this keto recipe with lean. Animal fat holds toxins. If youre eating conventional meat, there will be toxins in its fat.
I added a bit of extra homemade grass-fed tallow to the keto mix you can do that as well, especially if you use a leaner meat.
My homemade beef stock is very thick and has oil on the top. I threw it ALL in there.
Once the meat is cooked, spices can be added.
The brilliantly golden roasted vegetables are best added into the soup at the very end, for extra crunch!
Which Healthful Pursuit soups have you tried already? What did you think?
Also Check: Can I Have Tomato Soup After Gastric Sleeve
Helpful Tools For This Low Carb Hamburger Soup Recipe:
- Six Quart Enameled Pot – I have a 7.5 qt from the same brand but I have others that are perfect for smaller quantities.
- Diced Tomatoes – I love this brand of diced tomatoes even though they are canned. The flavor and quality is always consistent and it’s very convenient to have on hand a few of these cans. For glass options, I have used this in the past .
| Nutrition Information Disclaimer |
Recommended Reading: Can You Eat Fruit On Keto
Keto Cheeseburger Soup With Bacon
- Place a saucepan over high heat and add the bacon.
- Saute until browned then add the butter and onion. Mix well.
- Add the garlic powder and mustard and mix well before adding the pre-cooked ground beef. if no pre-cooked ground beef, simply brown some ground beef beforehand.
- Saute for 1 minute, then add the cream cheese.
- Once the cream cheese has melted, add the tomato passata, followed by the beef stock. Mix well.
- Bring to a simmer, then add the cream. Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper, then stir through the cheddar cheese, until melted.
- Remove from the heat and ladle into bowls.
- Serve topped with parsley, crispy bacon and cheddar cheese, if desired.
How To Freeze Cheeseburger Soup
This soup freezes very well! We recommend freezing it in single-serving glasscontainers. To reheat it, thaw it to room temperature in the fridge. Then reheat in a saucepan on the stovetop over low heat for best consistency.
You can also re-heat in the microwave. Just make sure it comes to 165F either way you decide to re-heat it.
Don’t Miss: Is Rice On The Keto Diet
How To Make Keto Cheeseburger Soup With Bacon
Slow Cooker Taco Soup
Once served, this is one recipe that will be requested by family members again and again. This low-carb Mexican taco soup is made with cooked tomatoes, ground beef, and high-quality, full-fat cream cheese. Its rich, creamy, and works well as an appetizer or the main course. Serve it with avocado slices on top for a little extra panache .
Read Also: Easy French Onion Soup Recipe
Read Also: Slim Mediq Keto Gummies Reviews
Other Methods To Cook This Keto Soup
While a slow cooker was used to cook this recipe, you can also use other methods to make this recipe:
- Instant pot: To make in an instant pot, sauté the bacon, onions in the instant pot for a few minutes. Next, add in your ground beef and sauté that for 5 minutes. Once this is done, add in the vegetables and seasonings and sauté for another 5 minutes. Then add in the beef broth, diced tomatoes, cabbage and mustard, close and seal the instant pot and set to soup for 5 minutes. Perform a quick pressure release, then open up and add in the cream cheese, pickles, mustard, cheese, cilantro, black pepper, and salt, then sauté for 2 minutes and serve.
- Stove top: Prepare the ingredients. Then in a medium pot, cook the bacon and vegetables as stated in the instructions. Then cook the ground beef as the instructions stated above. Then, in this same pot, add in the beef broth, diced tomatoes, cabbage and mustard, cover the pot and cook on low heat for 20 minutes. When this time is up add in your cream cheese, pickles, mustard, cheese, cilantro, black pepper, and salt to taste and cook for an additional 20 minutes. Serve warm!
Fat Bomb Hamburger Soup
High-fat hamburger soup recipe, loaded with fresh vegetables. Low carb, paleo and dairy-free.
Dairy-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Grain-free, Keto, Nut-free, Paleo, Refined Sugar-free, Soy-free, Sugar-free
- 125 grams red onion, sliced
- 125 grams mushrooms, chopped
- 200 grams yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 200 grams Brussels sprouts, halved
- 200 grams celery
- 4 cups homemade beef stock, with the fat
- pinch cayenne pepper or ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 25 grams fresh parsley, chopped
Read Also: Can You Eat Strawberries On Keto
Can This Recipe Be Meal Prepped
Yes, this keto cheeseburger soup is ideal for keto meal prep! Itâs just as quick and easy to make a larger batch of this bacon cheeseburger soup and split it into portion sizes to last a few days.
Simply cook your soup and allow it to cool to room temperature before splitting into individual portion sizes and freezing or refrigerating .
Why This Recipe Works:
- The combination of juicy beef and butter brings out a savory taste and smell that everyone will enjoy.
- The recipe is simple to execute and easy to master and just the thing for families of all sizes.
- Its a filling meal without the unnecessary carbs, making it fun and healthy for the whole family.
- The special butter-stuffing technique keeps the burgers crazy tender and makes it easy to get those keto fat bombs in.
Recommended Reading: Can You Eat Sugar Free Candy On Keto
Tips For The Hamburger Beef Soup
- We recommend you use low-sodium beef broth for the soup. If you used regular beef broth, you shouldnt need to add much salt at the end.
- We use extra lean ground beef so we dont find it necessary to discard any of the fat. If you use regular ground beef, you can omit the olive oil to brown the meat. Otherwise, the soup might end up greasy.
Zuppa Toscana From Gal On A Mission
The Olive Garden is no place for someone doing keto. The endless supply of breadsticks that magically appears on the table when its empty is tempting to say the least. Instead, try your hand at an Olive Garden classic at home. This creamy Zuppa Toscana is jam-packed with delicious Italian sausage, cauliflower, and kale for a low-carb treat that constitutes as a meal on its own.
You May Like: Is Watermelon Ok On Keto
Keto Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Keto Cream of Mushroom Soup is made with fresh mushrooms and thickened with cream to make the perfect substitute for condensed cream of mushroom soup.
I grew up eating dinner casseroles and delicious side dishes that used a can of condensed cream of mushroom soup to make a delicious mushroom gravy that brought everything in the dish together.
Sadly, condensed cream of mushroom soup is made with starches to give it that thick consistency, not to mention the preservatives added to the canned food. This simple keto cream of mushroom soup uses fresh mushrooms and thickens the recipe by adding heavy cream and cooking the everything down to get the perfect consistency.
Now I can make healthy versions of classic comfort food recipes like our Keto Green Bean Casserole, and Cheesy Broccoli Casserole without losing all of those delicious flavors I grew up with.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
How Do You Make Cream Of Mushroom Soup Without Cream
I use half and half for my homemade mushroom soup, I find it is lighter than using heavy cream. But if you want you can also probably reach for evaporated milk. You could probably even use regular milk if you arent doing keto, it would just make the soup thinner, and just make sure to stir often so it doesnt curdle during the cooking process.
Also Check: Paleo Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Also Check: What Are The Best Keto Pills
How To Garnish This Keto Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
What do you like on your cheeseburgers? Most of those toppings will also go on this lush, easy low carb soup recipe, minus the mustard! Here are my suggestions:
- A pinch of shredded sharp cheddar
- Thinly sliced green onions
- Diced or sliced pickle yes, pickle! Go for dill pickles and add a blast of flavor and crunch!
- Crispy bacon make it bacon cheeseburger soup with crumbled bacon on top
- Red pepper flakes add a touch of spice with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes
As Simple As Soups Can Come
Other hamburger soups often show up in the form of a thick chowder. The problem is there are so many ingredients thrown in there you never know what youre eating. And, they get that soup so thick by ways of using a roux, which is basically a lot of fat and a lot of white flour.
This hamburger soup takes things back to the basics. Some hearty vegetables, some savory bone broth, and of course, ground beef. Assembling this recipe will give you the basics for many soups. By altering the proteins, vegetables and seasonings, you can create a plethora of broth-based soups.
You May Like: Is Half And Half Keto
Low Carb Mushroom Soup In The Instant Pot
Put the pressure cooker on the Sauté setting. Add the onion, celery, thyme and bay leaf and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the chopped mushrooms and garlic and cook for 5 minutes until tender and lightly browned. Stir regularly.
Pick out about ¼ cup of mushrooms and place to one side for the top.
Pour in the chicken broth. Put the lid on the Instant Pot and seal. Select manual and set the timer to 5 minutes. The pot will take a few minutes to come to pressure.
When the cook cycle has ended, allow the pot to sit for 10 minutes, Then turn the knob and do a quick release of the remaining steam.
Add the cream and proceed as per recipe.
Recommended Reading: Chicken Noodle Soup By Mail
Keto Cheeseburger Soup Slow Cooker
Keto Cheeseburger Soup
If you are looking for a delicious keto soup recipe that is easy to make, you have come to the right place. Because this low-carb cheeseburger soup lets you toss your ingredients into a crockpot and basically makes dinner for you.
The convenience of this soup and loads of flavor is why I am certain it will become a favorite for you too.
I dont know about you, but when it comes to comfort foods, this girl automatically thinks of soups. This is why I have no issue having this or any of my keto soups year-round. Thats saying a lot because I live in Miami where soup weather isnt really a thing.
Although there are lots of variations of cheeseburger soups floating out on the internet, mine needed to be low in carbs and keto-friendly. So absolutely no grains are used to thicken this soup. The great thing is that its thickened easily with cream and cheddar cheese.
And the steps:
Sauté the diced onions. We like them just shy of crispy.
Break ground beef into the bowl. Add whole egg, spices, and Worcestershire and blend well. Add onions and blend. Add coconut flour as necessary.
Pat enough mixture into a patty to suit. Place half a tomato and one cube of cheese in the centre, and then fold up the beef around the cheese and tomato. Shape into even spheres, making sure the insides stay inside.
Picture and Recipe credit goes to: u/blueyesinasuit
Read Also: Best Fruit To Eat On Keto
Lets Make Some Cream Of Mushroom Soup
How To Make Keto Taco Soup
You May Like: List Of Foods For Keto
Tools Used To Make This Hamburger Soup Recipe
- Crockpot To make this low carb keto hamburger soup recipe, you need a good slow cooker. This is the slow cooker used for the recipe.
- Skillet Before you put all of your ingredients in the slow cooker, you will need to precook some of the vegetables and the ground beef. A good skillet like this one is recommended.
Storing Freezing And Reheating Hamburger Beef Soup
Have leftovers? Want to make this ahead and store? Here are some tips to store, freeze and reheat this keto hamburger soup.
Can this soup be stored in the fridge? Yes. Place in an air tight container and store in the fridge for 2 to 3 days at most.
Can this soup be stored in the freezer? I do not recommend freezing this soup simply because it contains cream cheese and mozzarella cheese. Soups made with cheese tend to become grainy after theyve been frozen, then thawed and reheated.
How to reheat hamburger soup: Reheat this creamy keto soup on the stovetop for a few minutes on low heat making sure to stir frequently.
Recommended Reading: What I Can And Can’t Eat On Keto