Tasty Toppings For Overnight Oats
Whats a bowl of oatmeal without its toppings on your keto breakfast recipes? Fortunately, there are many nutritious, delicious toppings that can be quickly prepped and added on top to your overnight oats.
Have we mentioned how big of fans we are of chia seeds? This yummy little seed is filled with nutritional benefits .. and adds a nice crunch to any dish, too! Chia seeds are an amazing source of key minerals, including phosphorus, copper, selenium, iron, magnesium, calcium, and more. They also contain high amounts of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids and are rich in protein.
A perfect topping for your keto overnight oats!
Pumpkin seeds may be small, but they pack a real punch when it comes to nutritional value. Pumpkin seeds provide your body with healthy fats, magnesium, and zinc! Theyre known to improve heart health, prostate health, and can even protect against some cancers.
Pecans or pecan butter
Pecans are high in monounsaturated fat, which is the healthy type of fat that helps lower levels of bad LDL cholesterol. Theyre also an excellent source of calcium and potassium, which lower blood pressure.
If you like a little extra crunch on top of your low-carb overnight oats, pecans are a great go-to. But if youre craving a creamier topping, pecan butter can still provide that rich nutty flavor! Either make pecan butter yourself or buy a trusted brand.
Sugar-free chocolate chips
Keto Overnight Oats Recipe Macros
The statements made on this website or email have not been evaluated by the FDA . The products sold on this website are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information provided by this website or this company is not a substitute for a face-to-face consultation with your physician, and should not be construed as individual medical advice. Consumer reviews, testimonials and opinions are based on the experiences of individual Kettle & Fire consumers. Kettle & Fire is not suggesting that any individual consumers experience with our products is representative of the experience of others. These testimonials are voluntarily provided and are not paid for or offered in exchange for free products..
Why Your Whole Family Will Love Blueberry Overnight Oats
- Easy. Mix all of the ingredients, pour in a jar, and allow to chill overnight.
- High Protein. With 4 grams of protein per serving, you’ll be well on your way to achieving your protein goal for the day.
- Vegetarian. Not a fan of bacon and eggs for breakfast? This is a fantastic vegetarian breakfast option.
- Delicious. Mix your favorite combination of toppings and sweeteners for the perfect overnight oat recipe.
Recommended Reading: Does Keto Diet Really Work
Is It Healthy To Eat Overnight Oats
While there are two schools of thought regarding eating overnight oats, if you ask any experts they will certainly say overnight oats are healthy and vouch for the various health benefits associated with eating oatmeal.
It is hard to deny that whole grain oats are healthy, you can even make vegan overnight oats, but that doesnt stop them from putting your lo-carb diet at risk.
Here are some highlight that we hope give you a new perspective about eating overnight oats:
Ingredients For Low Carb Overnight Oats
This section explains how to make overnight oats keto friendly, what each ingredient does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Hemp Hearts These little seeds help make low carb high protein overnight oats. Plus, they create a soft and chewy texture similar to traditional oats.
- Golden Flaxseed Meal Helps thicken the oat mixture, and adds a toasted flavor reminiscent of real oats.
- Chia Seeds Adds satisfying fiber and fats, and also acts as a thickener.
- Heavy Cream Makes creamy overnight keto oats! For a dairy-free option, try full-fat coconut milk instead.
- Unsweetened Almond Milk Make homemade almond milk, use store-bought, or swap with a different keto milk choice.
- Besti Monk Fruit Allulose Blend If you like your oats sweet, this sweetener gives them just-like-sugar taste, and it dissolves well for no gritty texture. If you prefer unsweetened overnight oats, simply omit.
- Sea Salt Its optional, but enhances the flavor when your low carb oats sit overnight.
Recommended Reading: Keto In Trader Joe’s
How Many Carbs Are In Oatmeal
The oatmeal that we are all used to having from childhood to adulthood, is too high in carbs on a keto or low carb diet.
There are 27 grams of carbs in 1/2 cup of regular oatmeal. If you subtract the 4 grams of fiber, it leaves you with 23 net carbs.
Even if you only eat ½ cup of oatmeal for breakfast, thats still way too many carbs and its only a tiny amount of food!
OurKeto Oatmeal is only 2.8 Net Carbs per serving! So if you are looking for a nice hot cereal to warm you up in the morning that will be nutritious and low in calories and carbs, its an excellent alternative for you.
Ready To Find Your Favorite Oatmeal Alternative
I know some of you love oatmeal and are unhappy about giving it up when youre on keto.
I get it. For many of us, oatmeal is a warm treasure on a cold morning. You may have grown up on it, and have a lot of good memories of oatmeal as your childhood breakfast. After all, its called comfort food for a reason.
While you cant stick with the kind you cherish and remain in keto fat-burning mode, now you have several alternatives to try.
Healthy, tasty and comforting alternatives that I predict youll love just as much as traditional oatmeal.
So give them a try and have the best of both worlds: a hot, nourishing breakfast that easily lets you stay completely keto adherent so you continue to burn fat and lose weight.
Get going – your new soon-to-be-favorite breakfast cereal awaits.
Up Next: –
Read Also: Low Calorie Diet Vs Keto
Are There Low Carb Oats
Though there are different types of oats, there are no such thing as low carb oats.
On the whole, there is no doubt that overnight oats are not fattening and are one of the best foods for weight loss and improving overall health problems. Each serving as mentioned above contains around 33 grams of high quality carbohydrates.
To be considered for a low carb diets, the portion size of oats must be substantially reduced and the meal must be packed with higher amounts of fat and protein.
There are reasons to believe that overnight oats could be one of the healthiest food options, but that doesnt imply that it is good for lo carb eaters. The reason for this has been explained above.
For example, overnight coats are a rich source of RS or Resistant Starch. This helps in ensuring that you get the required energy for your day to activities, and also have the stamina for workouts and exercises.
At the same time, the carbs get burned out quite easily compared to other types of oats where the digestive system and the metabolism process is often put under strain. If you are looking for low carb diets, oats are simply not recommended.
Is Oatmeal Ok On A Keto Diet
The ketogenic diet, or keto diet, is a moderate-protein, high-fat, and low-carbohydrate diet that has gained a reputation for being a great weight loss helper .
People who stick to the keto diet eat few carbs to support the bodys energy needs and as a result, your body turns fat into the fuel for energy. When your body burns body fat for fuel, it creates ketones, substances made in your liver. After that, your body enters a state of ketosis which is said to allow you to lose up to a few pounds within the first week .
The keto diet is now the most popular diet in the United States and it is gaining in popularity around the world.
The ketogenic diet emphasizes high-fat foods and restricts the number of carbohydrates. A true keto diet includes adequate amounts of protein and less than 50 grams of carbohydrates a day .
The most common keto diet consists of at least 70 percent of calories derived from fat, less than 10 percent from carbs, and up to 20 percent derived from protein .
Being a source of carbs, oatmeal is unfortunately not okay on a keto diet. The point is that oatmeal was derived from a whole-grain which includes a big portion of carbs. 100 g of oatmeal will have approximately 66 g of carbs which makes oatmeal not preferable for keto meals.
Also Check: How To Gain Muscle On Keto
More Keto Breakfast Ideas:
Keto Quiche – Crustless Keto Quiche is a low carb, filling egg dish that is as delicious as it is impressive. This recipe is versatile enough to suit any flavor preferences and perfect for a family meal or a special event.
Keto Breakfast Casserole – Keto Breakfast Casserole is a hearty, savory dish packed with protein, veggies, and melty cheese to keep you full and happy all day long. It’s simple to make and it uses minimal ingredients.
Almond Flour Crepes – Easy to make Almond Flour Crepes are light and delicious and ready for your favorite fillings.
Keto Donuts – A tender keto cinnamon sugar donut using almond flour that is simple to make and bakes up quickly. You’re going to love these low carb almond flour donuts. They are healthy and use minimal ingredients.
Keto Energy Bites – When you need an afternoon pick-me-up or a great post-workout snack, keto energy balls are the way to go. These keto chocolate energy bites are filled with protein, caffeine, and healthy fats to keep you satisfied and boost your energy.
Keto Coffee Cake – A piece of classic coffee cake is the perfect accompaniment to your morning cup of coffee. This keto coffee cake recipe is not only decadent, but it’s paleo, gluten-free, and dairy-free too.
Did you make any of these keto breakfast ideas? Leave us a comment below letting us know what you thought.
Products We Keep Stocked:
Can Oatmeal Be Frozen
If you make a large batch of oatmeal, divide them into individual servings in a muffin tin then place the pan in the freezer until they are hard.
Pop them out and store the oatmeal in a large zipper-lock plastic bag or an airtight container in the freezer.
In the morning, reheat in the microwave or oven when youre ready for breakfast.
More low carb breakfasts:
Don’t Miss: Keto Dessert With Cream Cheese
The Best Keto Overnight Oats
When you’re craving oatmeal on a keto diet and want something chilled and delicious, this low carb overnight oats recipe is exactly what you need.
As I’m sure you know, traditional oats aren’t keto friendly because they have too many carbs per serving, so these overnight keto oats are the perfect substitute. And, honestly, in a lot of ways, I think they’re even better than the regular kind!
This keto overnight oats recipe is made with healthy, low carb coconut and almond flour, almond milk, hemp hearts, chia seeds, and golden flaxseed meal to get that perfect oatmeal taste and texture you’ve been looking for.
In addition to being super low carb – with only 3 net carbs per serving – these oats are also packed with protein, fiber, and healthy fats for an all-around balanced breakfast.
And like “regular” overnight oats, there’s no cooking or prep required!
But the great part about this keto overnight oats recipe is that there are endless ways to customize it. I’ve included a brief list down below of all my favorite ways to switch up these low carb overnight oats and keep breakfast exciting. We’ll talk about that in a little bit though.
Oh, and speaking of breakfast, you can check out more keto breakfast recipes like this on the blog, like my keto smoothie or this keto granola recipe.
Helpful Insights About Oats Overnight Raspberry Cheesecake
- Net Carbs are 12% of calories per serving, at 36g per serving. This food is risky for the keto diet but it’s still keto-friendly. However, consuming this item may limit your ability to eat more foods that contain carbs. Take into consideration whether you intend to consume additional meals. Search for foods within standard keto guidelines
Recommended Reading: What Mexican Food Is Keto
Is Peanut Butter Keto
Natural peanut butter is keto-friendly if the only ingredient is peanuts. Raw peanuts have 6g total carbs in a ¼ cup serving. They also have 3g of fiber, which equals 3g net carbs per ¼ cup.
Be on the lookout for products that add sugars to their peanut butter. Added sweeteners can put peanut butter on the avoid list for keto shopping. Always be sure to check your ingredients and nutritional information before purchasing.
I like to useFATSO Peanut Butterin my keto recipes. I order this ingredient from or thelowcarbgrocery.com.
What Are Hemp Hearts
Hemp hearts are hulled hemp seeds that are soft and chewy and are the inside of the shell of the hemp seed. It is the best part of the hemp, similar to how the heart is the best part of an artichoke.
They are used in a number of low carb recipes, similar to chia seeds and flax seeds, as a healthy replacement for some high-carb ingredients.
Recommended Reading: What Cheese Can You Eat On Keto
What Ingredients Are In Low Carb Oatmeal
- Flaxseed Meal Which is full of fiber.
- Chia Seeds This is a superfood that is super absorbent with a lot of nutrients.
- Almond Milk A non-dairy milk that is made from almonds.
- Heavy Cream This has fewer net carbs than milk.
- Vanilla An extract that adds great flavor to your breakfast cereal.
- Xanthan Gum Just a little bit offers your oatmeal thick stability.
Toast The Coconut For Maximum Flavor
Toasting the coconut is key to the oat-like resemblance of this recipe.
It could not be simpler, even if you are still sleepy: toss 2 tablespoons of shredded coconut in a small skillet set over medium-high heat, and then stir for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown and fragrant. Transfer to a cutting board and finely chop.
Don’t Miss: Recipe For Keto Banana Bread
What To Serve With Keto Oatmeal
In order to really enjoy your keto oatmeal, there are many things that you serve with it, just like you would when you eat traditional oatmeal.
- Fruit Berries such as strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries
- Nuts All kinds are good
- Eggs Any type, including our egg white cups and hard or soft boiled eggs
- Breakfast Meats Bacon, Sausage, Ham
- Pancakes We have quite a few varieties on our website
Helpful Insights About Oats Overnight Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana
- Net Carbs are 11% of calories per serving, at 31g per serving. This food is a little higher than what’s considered keto-friendly but it falls within a range that won’t kick you out of ketosis. Search for foods within standard keto guidelines
- This food’s %DV for sodium is 4%. At 90mg, it’s considered low in sodium according to the FDA’s standard for %DV . The organization considers any food with %DV of less than 5% as low in sodium.
You May Like: Is Alani Nu Keto Friendly
How To Adjust The Texture
Sometimes the recipe you are making is too thick and you will have to thin it out with some form of liquid. On the other hand, if its too thin then you will need to add something that will thicken it.
Too Thick Choose a liquid that you want to add to your oatmeal, like some water or more almond milk for instance to thin is out. Do this a little at a time so that you do not thin it out too much and then have to thicken it.
Too Thin If you feel that your oatmeal is too thin then you will have to add more substance like extra flaxseed meal or chia seeds to stabilize your cereal.
Once you make it once then you will get the feel for it and make it the desired texture for you.
How To Make Keto Overnight Oats
This section shows how to make keto overnight oats with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Stir dry ingredients. Add hemp seeds, flaxseed meal, chia seeds, sweetener , and salt to a jar. Stir to combine.
- Add liquids. Pour cream and milk into the jar and stir to combine.
- Cover. Place a lid on the jar and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours .
- Serve. Stir the oat mixture. Add extra toppings to easy keto overnight oats if desired, or serve plain.
You May Like: Lean Start Keto Official Site
Can I Use Cream Or Milk Instead Of Water In This Low Carb Oatmeal
Yes, you can use heaving cream or milk in this low carb oatmeal recipe. You can also use a dairy-free milk if you need to keep it dairy-free.
Bring the milk to a boil, stirring frequently, and add your dry ingredients and continue to boil for 1 minute. For the “instant” version, heat your milk to a boil, pour it over your dry ingredients, stir and let it sit for up to 5 minutes.
Helpful Insights About Oats Overnight Mocha Dream
- Net Carbs are 10% of calories per serving, at 32g per serving. This food is a little higher than what’s considered keto-friendly but it falls within a range that won’t kick you out of ketosis. Search for foods within standard keto guidelines
- This food’s %DV for sodium is 2%. At 50mg, it’s considered low in sodium according to the FDA’s standard for %DV . The organization considers any food with %DV of less than 5% as low in sodium.
Also Check: Where Can I Buy Keto Strong